ka-Map - Revision History
This is a human-readable revision history which will attempt to document
required changes for users to migrate from one version of ka-Map to the
next. Developers are strongly encouraged to document their changes and
their impacts on the users here. (Please add the most recent changes to
the top of the list.)
For a complete change history, please see the CVS log comments.
Version 1.0 (2007-02-05)
- kaExplorer has a setContent(url) function to inject long text in
- kaExplorer is the new interface. Old interface is now index_aqua.html
- simple search system based on queryByAttributes has been added.
tools/search/kaSearch.php to refine output
- print system added. Default outputs: GIF,JPEG,PNG,GeoTIFF, formatted PDF.
- rubber zoom added.
- "link to this view" function added.
- bug 1512: added group access control based on Apache Basic Authentication
- bug 1374, implementation of a tooltip system
- bug 1315, implemented new event, KAMAP_METAEXTENTS_CHANGED, and
to track extents of all loaded tiles. This is designed to support
- bug 1350, modified structure of aszMapFile array in config.php
- bug 1351, modified constructors for _map and _layer to be more flexible
- bug 1352, implemented new event KAMAP_MAP_CLICKED for handling single
clicks on the map,
to allow simple queries and point overlay placement.
- bug 1290, implemented force_redraw option
- bug 1313, query system implemented. map_query_float.php to customize
- added index_overlay.html and Overlay Functions. Alpha version
- bug 1297, added Link To This View capability
- added CIABOT to ka-map cvs repository and email ka-map-dev
- fixed bug 1285, infinite loop caused by having only one scale in
- bug 1283, added support for limiting map movement beyond max extents
set via metadata
in the map file.
- bug 1284, added precache.php script back into cvs
Version 0.2.0 (2006-02-07)
Its been waaay to long since the last release and the changes are very
numerous. I'm just going to cover some highlights that I remember right
now ... After this version, every change is going to go through bugzilla
and be referenced in here. Honest ;)
- sample interface rewrite to table-less css layout (thanks Lorenzo and
- improvements to legend and keymap code (thanks Lorenzo and Andrea!)
- added clickable/draggable keymap (thanks Lorenzo!)
- added support for mouse scroll zooming (thanks Ed!)
- added kaQuery.js for generic query support (i.e. ROI selection)
- restructured directory structure for better security and ease of
installation which necessitated a change in config.php - everyone needs
- added variable image format code (thanks Jacob!)
- added object placement API
- added tool API and removed navigation stuff to a new tool (kaTool.js)
- Bug 1049: Fixed problem with JPEG output format (szCacheFile was
hardcoded to .png extension in tile.php)
- removed need for initMap.php, the logic for initializing a map has been
- added default extents and max extents to initialization (although max
extents are not yet used).
- switched to a larger default tile size (300x300 instead of 200x200)
because it seems to improve performance
- completely rewrote kaLegend to be entirely client side
Version 0.1.1 (2005-05-19)
- Applied patches for small scales and opacity fix for Opera (bug 1038)
Version 0.1.0 (2005-05-18)
- First public release.